Museum Opening Hours and Admission
The Pye Gallery is an exciting temporary gallery space that hosts a changing programme of touring exhibitions throughout the year.
To see What’s On, click here.
To enable us to bring these exhibitions to Banbury, there is a small admission charge to our temporary exhibitions. We also encourage visitors to book their visit in advance. Booking guarantees you entrance and helps us manage access to allow a comfortable experience for all visitors. Any tickets not sold, are made available on the day for purchase.
Our exhibition ‘Social Story’ is a visual guide for those with additional needs and tells you more about what you may see, hear and experience in the exhibition. You can find it here to download before you visit.
|Child||£2.50 (Ages 5-18. Under 5’s are free)|
|Art Fund Member||£2.50|
|Carer(s) are admitted free with a fee-paying ticket.|
*Concessions include those aged 65 and over, students on production of a valid student card and those unwaged. We also accept Museum concession cards such as ICOM, please email email@example.com if you would like to book using a museum concession card.
Tickets are assigned an hour time slot. For example, 10am-11am. Please arrive promptly for your time slot. During busy times, it may not be possible to extend your session if you over run. You may leave the gallery for a comfort break and return during your booked time slot.
Tickets to our temporary exhibitions and events are non-refundable. If someone in your party is ill or cannot travel, you may transfer your ticket(s). Please contact us as soon as you are able, to re organise your visit at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01295 236165.
Banbury Museum & Gallery’s main entrance is in the Castle Quay Shopping Centre and is fully accessible to all. Follow the signs to Castle Quay.
By public transport
Banbury Bus Station is adjacent to Castle Quay.
Banbury is served by Chiltern, Cross Country and First Great Western rail networks, with direct services to London Marylebone and London Paddington, Oxford, Birmingham New Street and Snowshill, Stratford-upon-Avon and Kidderminster. The station is just a short walk from the Museum.
For more information on train services, click here.
Banbury Museum is on the Oxford Canal. It is 12 cruising hours north of Oxford and 23 hours south of Coventry.
Banbury Museum & Gallery is accessible to all
- Lift access from the museum shop on to museum floor
- Lift access to all floors of the museum
- Accessible toilet on the ground floor
- Should you need additional facilities, Castle Quay shopping centre has Changing Places facilities. See their website for more details.
- Baby change facilities on all floors
- Please be aware there is no accessible parking onsite at the Museum.
- The nearest parking is at Castle Quay’s overflow on Spiceball Park Road. There is level access from the rear entrance to the museum on Spiceball Park Road.
- The is additional accessible parking at Castle Quay North Car Park with lift access from the museum shop and welcome centre. Please see the Castle Quay website for more information.
- Dogs are welcome in the outside seating area at the café and water bowls are available.